Tuesday, April 22, 2008

two (tuesday)

So I survived day one. Hunger wasn't too bad at all. I had more cravings for the taste of things than the actual desire to eat. It's a bit labor intensive, this regimen. Lucky I don't have anything else to do all week.



I've now had four enemas. Interesting, this last one. I think I've made some progress in the descending colon. When I first started to go, all that came out was clear water. Then there was a pause, and then round two brought the normal dirty, murky stuff that I'm used to. I'm still passing some solid pieces, although I can't get a good look at them. The smell has gotten markedly less drastic too. So that is good.










Although this picture doesn't really show it too well, there is a pretty decent white coat on my tongue. It's common for the tongue coating to get thicker during a cleanse, and then dissipate.



One thing is for sure, my sinuses feel a lot different already. I haven't used the neti pot in a couple weeks. I was getting morning stuffiness, congestion headaches, and some sneezing (the sneezing, sadly, could simply indicate that I haven't been around any real plants in a while...). Now, my sinuses feel more clear, still some stuffiness in the morning, but it is very loose and easily removed.



Mentally I feel clear, and alert. Yesterday I felt the same way, and then I tapered off in the evening to become drowsy and indifferent; I'm sure Rebecca will corroborate that.



I have a lot of little proects I'd like to attend to this week. But the temptation of surfing the internet and watching movies is very strong. We'll see what actually gets done...

No comments: